Monday, May 18, 2009

going thrifting







I have recently discovered that not only having a baby is expensive but also awaiting the arrival can be too! Maternity clothes as most of you know are not cheap...but they can be if you know where to look! Thanks to the girls I work with, I ventured out the other day to check out a maternity thrift store. The clothes mentor. Located on Henderson Rd. in Upper Arlington if any of you mothers to be would like to save a buck or 250! No joke they had "like brand new" everything maternity there, including diaper bags like the one you see here. This was my true find of the day by far. A simple black Kate Spade diaper bag, (the exact one I have always wanted) once overly priced at Nordstrom for over $300!!! I bought it at the thrift store, looking better than new with a changing pad and everything for whopping $40!!!!!!!!!!! It made my day, one of those meant to be things that only happen when you are paying attention. Good luck to any moms looking to thrift through their pregnancy. FYI there is not just maternity stuff..everything they carry is in perfect condition. Shoes, purses (high end ones too), coach wallets, jewelry, channel sunglasses and so much more. Don't think you will be walking into a Saks or anything but for a thrift store it is for sure a diamond in the rough!

5 comments:

J, H, A, M and O said...

What have you been doing all day? Blogging? Glad to see some updates going up! Love the progress on the house. Whew...Nate is a machine!

"Two Weeks, Two Weeks"
-Walter Feilding

Pa & T said...

Its good to see that my children are taking after their mother - only buy on SALE!!! TJMaxx-aholic here.

Megan Lloyd said...

Fide,
Your house is looking great! I can't wait to come over to see the finished product. Remember, I am a painter from way back if you need any help. More importantly, I am demanding a post devoted to a belly pic. It might not be popping out much yet but we need a starting bump!
-Meg

Erik, Erin, Malachi, Elliott and Jonas said...

Great advice, Heidi, thanks! I love seeing the progress on your house too, and I can't wait to see more! Your life is so exciting right now!

Blake, Kimberly, Adeline, and Oliver said...

Looks like I need to make my way up there! Thanks for the great find! And congrats on your house!!