Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Genevieve is 1 week old!!

How can 1 week have passed already?! Things are really stiring up in the Sharp household. Em has decided to go ahead and enter her terrible 2's and Genevieve is becoming more alert during the day. It has been a challenging week with doors slamming, back talking and whining. I asked Nate the other day "when did she turn 16?" Emmalyn loves her baby sister and does a lot to help me out with her, however it is plain to see that she is very angry at me! I guess after all is said and done and we make it through the adjustment I will have a stronger backbone (that I really needed anyway.)

Genevieve is nursing like a champ about every 3 hours with some nights of cluster feeding. She is a quick eater but enjoys "dessert" regularly. She will eat and be done, fall asleep, I will put her down and as soon as I get snug back in my bed she decides she wants more!! I call her my dessert eater! She's a lady that knows what she wants!
At her dr. appointment on Monday she had climbed back up from 5.8lbs to 5.15lbs. the dr. was pleased. No jaundice at all but they did have to clip her tongue. She had a very tight frenulum that we weren't sure needed clipped or not...turns out she did. The dr. was worried it was too tight to nurse correctly. I have to say she was right because ever since she clipped it, Genevieve has been doing wonderful with nursing! Such a relief to me because Emmalyn was a nightmare!!
Well, that about sums up our week. Everyone pray that Emmalyn and I don't kill eachother! haha


2 comments:

J, H, A, M and O said...

Both of them are so so so cute. Em can come stay with Auntie Heather...I know how to handle little gals like that (not really). Annie is president of the back sass club. I am sure she'd love to initiate Em.

hayleyash said...

Love these girls!