Saturday, November 19, 2011

Genevieve Eryn Sharp














She has arrived! Genevieve Eryn (aka Evie.) Born very quickly on Wednesday morning at 3:54. I had thought each day was THE day since Sunday! I had been having very strong contractions and at most times able to see a pattern. Having a rough couple days and nights leading up to delivery I have to say on Tuesday I felt nothing! With some words of advice from Heather on how to get the labor started, Nate and I did everything she suggested! At 9pm on Tuesday night there was no contractions at all. We decided that it probably wasn't happening and went to bed at 10. By 10:30 I was having noticeably different contractions than days leading up. I thought "no way, just another trick!" by 11pm I knew it was labor and by 1am I told Nate to get out of bed!!! I am glad we didn't stay much longer. We checked into the hospital at 2:45am and Genevieve was here at 3:54am!! It was a crazy hour, leading up to an unplanned natural childbirth. I went from 5 centimeters to 10 in 45 minutes! I was nervous but Dr. Russ was amazing and got me through it quickly. Only 3 total pushes and I pulled her out! We had a little trouble delivering the placenta, which later caused severe softball size blood clots passing and a "moon placenta." Dr. said 1 in 200 have this weird small placenta that detatches itself away from the cord. It made for an eventful, touch and go couple of days at the hospital but we are home now and I am feeling great! Very tired (to be expected) but doing good. Emmalyn thinks Genevieve is so neat. She got mad last night because baby Evie couldn't sleep with her! She has been very helpful, getting her blanket to wrap her up and stroking her head when she is crying to tell her "it's ok baby Evie!" I am so interested to see what the next few weeks bring, and so happy to have my family all here!

*
A huge thank you to Mom and Dad for taking Emmalyn for 4 days while we weren't able to watch her! She had a great time and we can never express how grateful we are to both of you for all you do for us!! Also, to Stef for watching Em on Thursday and Hayley for taking her last weekend for a slumber party! You all have helped more than you can possibly know. It was so nice to know that Em was being taken care of and having fun while we couldn't be there for her. We love you all and can't wait for you all to spend some time with Genevieve!!

6 comments:

Erik, Erin, Malachi, Elliott and Jonas said...

Congratulations! Wow, what a precious teeny little lady. Em looks like a very proud big sis - and hopefully she'll stay that way! Can't wait to meet your newest addition and introduce her to Jonas!!

Blake, Kimberly, Adeline, and Oliver said...

Congrats! She's precious! Glad you got to experience Dr. Russ...I've had Dr. Parker each time! Love her name!

J, H, A, M and O said...

I love these pictures. Although I have to admit, it makes me a little nervous of what is to come soon for us.
She is beautiful. Glad you are all home and doing well. Em looks so proud.

While I was reading this, Annie was looking over my shoulder and asked me, "What am I doing there?" I think she mistook Em for herself. Same jammies!?!?!

Pa & T said...

Thanks for letting us keep Em. We had a great time! The house is very quiet. I'm sure Thanksgiving will take care of that.

hayleyash said...

I'm so proud of you Heid! When you start to get flustered, just call me...you know we balance each other out. I love you all and can't wait to see you again.

bandw said...

What absolutely adorable little girls you have. Our congratulations and best wishes.

What a great reason to celebrate Thanksgiving!!!!
mr and mrs sikora