Sunday, March 7, 2010

1 year ago today...




























March 7 marks the anniversary of the day I found out I was pregnant with Emmalyn! This very day a year ago Nathan and I both had to work. I came home that afternoon and went tanning and got a shamrock shake from McDonalds (I had been craving one for about a month at the time). And finally stopped by CVS for what I thought was another pointless purchase of a pregnancy test. Boy was I surprised when I got home and took probably the 15th test in 7 months and it came out positive!!! I will never forget all the details of that day! It was the best day of our lives!
Today we wanted to honor the anniversary so we woke up and opened the blinds to a sunny day! Sam liked it too. We decided to venture out and take Emmalyn through her first car wash. She really enjoyed it and all the soap colors! Then we headed to Lowes to look for lumber for my new garden. Next stop, Nathan checked out a local car lot for a new truck. We took a little scenic drive then before heading home we swung through McDonalds drive thru for some shamrock shakes! They were yummy! Heather, go get you one!! We returned home and went for a walk. It got cut a little short because of the brisk wind. It was such a nice day to be together and enjoy some much needed sunshine! Tonight, we grill a bbq chicken pizza! Yum!

2 comments:

Pa & T said...

Who remembers the day they found out they were pregnant? I wish I could remember back that far. Anyway, happy birth-to-be day!

J, H, A, M and O said...

Oh I will get one. Yummy. Go Go Go...drive!