Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The little things











Emmalyn and I were stuck indoors all day today! I kept checking the weather to see if it would be safe enough to go out but I didn't want to risk it. Besides, sometimes a snowy day inside in your pj's is just what you need!

Most people that know me well know that I'm a home body. Since Em has been born I have been struggling with trying to change that. I desperately want Em to experience all the fun, educational things she can. Sometimes I feel like I am just not doing enough. Especially since most of her fun and educational times happen at 508 Reese Avenue!

Thankfully, God is always there to comfort you and remind you of what is really important! My favorite little calendar (a gift from mom about 17 years ago) had a quote and verse today that did just that.
It reads... "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and discover they were the big things."
Whatever happens...be glad in the Lord...it is good for you to hear it again and again Philippians 3:1

Today so many of those little things happened that my heart found pure joy and happiness in! From Emmalyn quietly playing in her tent putting Mr.Potato Head together, to feeding herself her yogurt for the first time, to building things with building blocks, to Em reading to me, to me reading to Em, to playing peek a boo under a "co co", to laughing hysterically at the snow (??), to splashing like crazy in the tub, and finally to rocking Em to sleep.

I encourage all you moms (dads too) to sit back from the crazy life we all lead and just enjoy the "small" things!

7 comments:

T,V, W,I and G said...

beautifully written, and oh so true. what a great day for you both!

Stef said...

Very Sweet and someday when our little one has arrived I will remember those amazing words and take the time to step back and enjoy those little things.

hayleyash said...

Great post, Heid!

Pa & T said...

I think you just got an interpretation of your dream!

Erik, Erin, Malachi, Elliott and Jonas said...

I couldn't agree more...with everything! It looks like your snowy day was the best yet!

J, H, A, M and O said...

Totally agree. Some of the best memories are made right at home with nothing at all on the agenda.

bandw said...

perfectly put! Em is fortunate to have a Mom like you.