Sunday, May 16, 2010

backyard work












Here is what Nate and I have been doing for the past few weeks. May 15 has finally past (last frost) and we were able to start our planting process for the garden on Friday! We are sooo excited to see our crop grow! I have planted my herbs (basil, oregano, parsley, mint, cilantro, thyme, rosemary, and chives.) I am very excited to start making my own pasta sauces! So far only one garden has been planted (3 kinds of tomatos, 4 kinds of peppers, and cucumbers.) The 2nd box has been started with one plant of swiss chard. We had to put up a rabbit guard fence to keep Mr. Peter Cottontail out! We are having so much fun with this we highly recommend all of you with even just a little space to try it for yourselves! We have also planted our first tree, a bradford pear that will produce beautiful white flowers next spring and some much need shade for our backyard! The clematis is blooming and my rose bush has 10 buds! Spring is finally here!!!

5 comments:

Pa & T said...

I want to be invited for dinner when you make that homemade pasta sauce!!

J, H, A, M and O said...

i love em's garden. I can't wait to see how everything turns out.

Erik, Erin, Malachi, Elliott and Jonas said...

Your previous post about your garden inspired me...I now have a box, just waiting for a lot of dirt that our neighbor is going to dump in using his backhoe! Hopefully that will happen in the next few days so I can get my crop going.... Good luck with yours!

Mary and Justin said...

What a great yard and cute garden! So jealous!

hayleyash said...

What a hard workin hubby you have! It looks just marvelous! I hope you share your crop with us:) Ps...Erin's comment made me laugh because it made me realize that I knew what a backhoe was.