Wednesday, November 11, 2009

1 week old!


Well mom, dad, and Em made it through the first week! It flew by so fast! Emmalyn had her first check up at the doctors yesterday. She impressed the doctor with her weight gain.. our little milk monster weighed in at 7.1! When we left the hospital last Thursday she was at 6.11! At least I know all those late night feedings are paying off! :) She was still looking a little yellow so she had her blood drawn (which she did not appreciate one bit) and her "billi" level was at 15, the high normal range. She has to go back on Thursday to get another blood test just to be sure it's getting better. The doctor said he's not conserned so mom and dad are resting easy right now. She has been such a great baby girl all week. The first few nights were tough but each day it gets easier and her sleep pattern is getting more consistant. I find myself just sitting and watching her all day long. We are truly blessed with the best gift in the world!

4 comments:

hayleyash said...

My neice is every bit of perfection! What did we expect?! I can't wait to see her again!

Pa & T said...

I can't believe how quickly she is filling out. She already looks different and we just saw her on Sunday. Don't grow anymore until we see you again, Em

Erik, Erin, Malachi, Elliott and Jonas said...

She is so precious! I am excited to meet her and introduce her to my little guy! It's so fun to have a Knisley and a Lloyd so close together. Enjoy that sweet girl and take as many naps with her on your chest as possible - that's my favorite thing, I think!

J, H, A, M and O said...

Ditto Erin. Naps together are the best! She is so cute. I can't wait to meet her. Don't let her get any bigger until then.