Sunday, September 25, 2011

stay at home mom? harder job than expected!!!

Emmalyn and I have been spending quit a bit of time together recently due to my new schedule change. I had decided to drop my work schedule down to 2 days. In my mind I was thinking, "this will be great, less travel to Columbus, less babysitter pay, and I'll get to spend more time with Em before the baby comes!" Well, after 2 weeks of the new schedule I have decided to pick back up a 3rd day! Apparantly I am no good at being a stay at home mom! I could tell Em was already sick of me, defying my every rule, and just asking for trouble! Not caring if she got spanked (in fact made me cry instead of her)and just testing her boundries every second of the day!! Trying to find things to do on a very very tight budget(due to Nate's expected layoff date of Oct. 10)is harder than I thought! Heather, I could have used your crafty, imaginative brain! So with much guilt but more relief than anything I have decided to stick to 3 days!

Here we are trying to stay busy by making our own play dough! It was actually kind of fun and Em helped put in the food coloring. It was a nice change from coloring, playing in the sandbox and building blocks!!



2 comments:

J, H, A, M and O said...

heidi,
you do know that I get most of my ideas from other moms off the internet. i am not that creative.
my next task is to make glitter princess playdough with the girls.
i agree. sometimes i wonder if jeremy has the easier of the jobs. i think work would actually be a break. annie and em like to give us a challenge. hang in there.

Pa & T said...

Why don't you and Heather trade kids for a week? Maybe you could find an answer that has escaped you. Whoever said staying home was easy, never tried it. Just 20 more years, and you will be friends with your daughters. Hee hee!