Monday, April 11, 2011

What we have been up to















I was laying in bed last night with a horrible headache, with a million thoughts running through my head. One of them being..."gosh, I haven't blogged in like a month or even looked at blogs for that matter!" So, here I am for a quick recap of the last month.
Emmalyn has surprisingly gained a couple pounds due to her finally eating new things and asking for more!! Yeah! This is a HUGE deal in our house!!! She is talking so much and increasing her vocabulary every single day. Some of the things she is saying now are Mommy, Daddy, coco(blanket), go go(Diego), thank you, okay, yes, uh huh, no no no, juice, ducky, bubbles,night night,bye bye, hi, roary(dog), puppy, kitty, apple, teddy, backpack, ball, shoes, coat,bow,snacky,uh o, T, Pa, Mimi(Sammie our cat), baby, bottle, cookie(possibly her favorite word),dip(ketchup or hummus), Ming Ming(from the wonder pets), knee(she now knows every body part!) I am pretty proud of that one!
I am telling you, this girl is non stop, ecstatically happy 95% of the time, and just a complete joy to be around! She loves being outside. She wants to be outside even if it's freezing cold. She loves the window down in the car so the wind blows her hair. She asks where Daddy is when he's away and where Mommy is when I am gone. She likes to get up and down off the couch and flip through all the magazines on the coffee table. She loves to be in Mommy and Daddy's bed and make Tee's (tents) under the covers. She can get off the bed but can't quit get up yet. She loves "cooking in the kitchen with me and wrestling with Daddy. She is also learning to dress and undress herself. Still no interest in walking but will when SHE feels like it. She has learned her love of sweets (ice cream, cookies, and M&M's)just like her Mama!
I am thinking of doing a little pre- pre potty training soon. She is definitely showing an interest in the toilet and when Mommy goes pee pee. This morning she was being very quiet in her playroom as I was putting laundry away in her room. I went in to check on her and with a confused face, she pointed to her diaper and said "uh o!" I asked her if she pooped and she said "uh huh!" We went to the bookstore today and purchased "Once upon a potty for girl" I may be jumping the gun but I figured if she knows when there's poop it's time for me to start talking about it at the least! Wish me luck!

As for Nathan and I, we have just been doing more projects around the house. Lots of yard work (thanks to these past few beautiful days) and planning out our garden. We will begin planting our leafy greens and broccoli this weekend! Can't wait!
That's about it for the Sharp household. Hopefully I can find more time to keep you all updated and keep myself updated on everyone too!

3 comments:

Pa & T said...

Em looks so grown up. Can't wait to see her in person again. These babies change too fast!!!

hayleyash said...

She looks so old :( My how time flies! She is getting so smart, keep the updates coming! We hope we get to see you guys soon.

J, H, A, M and O said...

Oh no...the dreaded potty training! Heidi...she is just too cute. Love the cooking pics. Miss you guys.