Monday, February 2, 2009

Under the medic and screaming







Last work day for Nate was a last one for a few weeks. At 1 a.m I got a call from Nate that he was on his way to the emergency room. I was kinda out of it at 1 a.m. and wasn't thinking that his trip to the emergency room was that big of a deal (considering he makes that trip about 10 times or more a day when he is at work). I soon began to realize he was telling me HE was going to the e.r. He had been on a run to go pick up a fat lady that fell and couldn't get up.... literally, and he ended up falling himself! He stepped out of the back of the medic on the mounds of snow and ice we have been getting and twisted his ankle. He said he was only laying under the truck for a minute before getting up. I asked if he cried, he said no but he did say a few choice words! Haha. He is off work for about 2 weeks with a huge "thankle" (much worse than a "cankle" he says.. it goes from thigh to ankle). He has been trying to stay off his feet as much as possible, after all we are going to New Mex to see Heather, Jeremy, and Annie on Thursday!!! He thinks I'm pushing him in a wheelchair when we get there... I'll leave that to Jeremy!

3 comments:

Pa & T said...

Way to go Nate. Thankal??? that is a new one. Take advantage of that wheelchair gig. You get preferential treatment wherever you go. People look at you in pity and smile as they go by. Cheer up, at least the fat lady didn't fall on you!

hayleyash said...

Hahahaha...I'm totally cracking up at Mom's comment. That was quite a thankal! Those pictures don't quite do it justice as to what it looked like in person.

J, H, A, M and O said...

I can't wait to see Nate in a wheelchair! More importantly, I can't wait to see Jeremy pushing Nate in a wheelchair.