Thursday, September 11, 2008

A day at the zoo

Today Nathan and I decided since we were out (unexpected trip to the dentist) that we would make the most of the beautiful day and go to the zoo. After the dentist I was not suppose to eat or drink for a half hour so... Nate decided we would eat at the zoo! (BAD IDEA). We got there noticing many new, nice changes. Zoombeezi bay was now there and the opening gate to the zoo entrance was remodeled since our last trip. We shortly were in search of some food (after all it was 1:30 and we had not eaten since b-fast at 9). All I truly wanted was a soft pretzel... we searched high and low, between many animal exhibits and found nothing of the kind. We settled on charleys steakery thinking it would be ok. WRONG! It was the next best thing to "street meat" yuck! Nate ate the sammi and I had some of his fries (thinking, I'll just get some ice cream later). We walked around and saw all the animals, skipping the north american exhibits... we see those all the time. Nates favorite exhibit was monkeys and my favorite thing was an Australian tree kangaroo. He was sooo cute! He looked like a stuffed animal eating what appeared to be a hot dog. There were many "new arrivals" including the silver leaf monkeys who's babies were bright orange! So, so, so cute! He had just been born on august 8. Several of the monkey families had babies; some we got to see and some were hiding. The fishing cat had kittens too. After several hours of a lovely day at the zoo, I was starving and ready to hang up the flip flops. Sorry there are no pictures, had I known we were going I would have brought the camera along. Next trip to the zoo will be for the zoo lights.... I will be sure to bring my camera along! ps. I never got my ice cream either!!!!

No comments: